5 Great Ways You Can Fight Islamophobia with ISLAMOPHOBIN®
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, is calling on American Muslims and other people of conscience to help counter rising anti-Muslim sentiment by volunteering one day of their time to participate in CAIR’s ISLAMOPHOBIN® anti-Islamophobia campaign.
After obtaining your ISLAMOPHOBIN®, choose any one of the following five options to raise awareness about the negative impacts of Islamophobia and how promoting acceptance of religious diversity, tolerance and mutual understanding can be fun.
Ways You Can Counter Islamophobia with ISLAMOPHOBIN®:
- Organize a team of volunteers to hand out packets of ISLAMOPHOBIN® in public areas, college campuses or public events. Make sure to take videos and photos of your ISLAMOPHOBIN® giveaway to upload to social media using the campaign hashtag #ISLAMOPHOBIN®.
- Set up a booth in a public area at which individuals can sign a pledge to stand firm against Islamophobia in your community. Reward the pledgee with a packet of ISLAMOPHOBIN®.
- Host an open mosque event inviting neighbors and community members to get to know their Muslim neighbors. During the event, hold a short presentation on Islamophobia and share packets of ISLAMOPHOBIN® as a friendly giveaway.
- Host a public press conference with interfaith community partners where you challenge Islamophobia in the 2016 general election and announce that you will be mailing packets of ISLAMOPHOBIN® to local, state and federal candidates requesting that they join you in countering-Islamophobia.
- Share a story about when ISLAMOPHOBIN® could have helped you. Share your video, photo, blog on your Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram with the hashtag #ISLAMOPHOBIN and don’t forget to tag us on Twitter and Facebook @CAIRNational and Instagram @CAIR_National
Keep a lookout, we may share your story!
Remember while ISLAMOPHOBIN® is funny. Islamophobia is not.
CAIR's vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding. CAIR's mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.